Update December 2020

Since my last update in July we seem to have taken two steps forward then by November it was two steps back! Currently OMC are still not holding any Thursday evening meetings and it seems unlikely that we will be in a position to do so until at least March 2021.

Published:10/12/2020

3da00cc9f4317895db6758979531dcb5.jpg

Since my last update in July we seem to have taken two steps forward then by November it was two steps back!

Currently OMC are still not holding any Thursday evening meetings and it seems unlikely that we will be in a position to do so until at least March 2021.

The annual AGM is due at the beginning of February and is unlikely to take place in the usual format, I really cannot see it being possible to cram 100 plus members into Oakley Club and have me spouting off on a microphone for couple of hours!

There are other options which include holding it via Zoom or similar or postponing for up to 6 months in the hope that restrictions change. It may be that even with vaccines, many members will not want to attend an AGM held in the old format. After months of restrictions, social distancing and PPE masks, it could be years before people are back sitting next to strangers and shaking hands.

Anyway, we will be looking at making a AGM decision in January

Regarding activities at Oakley Club on Thursday evenings, we have written to all our sponsors inviting them to select a date for the always popular dealer nights which we are looking to hold from the end of April through to mid August to maximise the lighter and warmer evenings.

We are of the opinion it is easier to plan in advance and cancel at the death rather than try and get something off the ground at the last minute. Whether these nights will go ahead is anyones guess at the moment but with the help of vaccines there is some light ahead.

Also our Ride Out Co-ordinator Paul Butler and his team will be looking at getting a calendar of rides planned as soon as possible

For those who have been regular attendees on Thursdays, you may or may not be aware that the Oakley Club Steward Mick Hewitt and his Wife Barbara are retiring and from 4th January 2021 the new Steward will be Stuart Liggins and his Wife Merida. Both Stuart and Merida are retiring from careers in teaching and reside in Rushden. Stuart has been involved with Oakley Club for some time and was Chair of the 300 plus member strong AFC Oakley until recently and has been an OSSC committee member for a number of years.

Mick and “Barb” will undoubtedly be a tough act to follow but I’m confident that Stuart and Merida are up to the challenge.

Finally, its a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all our members and readers, I look forward, all being well, to seeing you all come Spring 2021 at Oakley Motorcycle Club

Stay safe

“Baysie”

Roger Bays

Chair - OMC

Next Event

Latest Articles

OMICRON COVID VARIANT

MOTOGP 2022

MOTOGP 2022

Share: