February Update

Updates on the AGM and Annual Curry Night

Published:09/02/2021

club_snow.jpg

Normally the end of January sees the annual OMC Curry night at Indiya restaurant which obviously hasn’t gone ahead much to the disappointment of many as that has proved to be a fantastic starter for the forthcoming year and raises a healthy sum for the EAAA (East Anglian Air Ambulance). Dave and Lesley Brown, the organisers did try to put together a virtual curry night but unfortunately there was insufficient interest to make it worthwhile. My thanks to both of them for trying

The Curry night is normally followed by the OMC AGM which occurs either the first or second Thursday in February but again that isn’t possible. The OMC committee have continued to meet via Zoom meetings and it has been decided that the AGM will be postponed for up to six months dependent on COVID and restrictions. So we are likely looking at the first Thursday in August as being a possible. However, it is impossible to predict too much at the moment so fingers crossed.

It seems strange for me as usually I am finalising my speech and putting together the Pillock of the Year Award with its customary slide show. Also I only had two nominations, both very funny, one was our recently retired Steward Mick, who, whilst working at OSSC between lockdowns went to take a drink of his pint of bitter but forgot he was wearing his face screen! The other well known OMC nominee has dodged a bullet at the moment but I won’t mention too much just in case.

The good news is that all our committee have agreed to stay onboard and we have had applications from people who wish to come on as well.

So, as it stands, I remain as Chair, Bernice Russell as Secretary and Derek Brown as Vice Chair and Treasurer. The other committee members being Colin Measures, Paul Butler, Keith Russell, Dougie Palmer, Lizzie Wiggins, Gill McBride, Richard Forster, Chris Johnston, John and Jemma Hannaford.

We are taking new memberships and renewals albeit we aren’t meeting on Thursdays at this time, but you're 2021 membership will entitle you to the discounts offered by our sponsors.

If renewing by BACS transfer please ensure you add your full name on the transfer please

Talking of sponsors, we have been keeping in contact and as soon as restrictions are lifted and when gatherings are allowed, our sponsors are very keen to come over and re-commence our popular dealer/sponsor themed evenings.

Furthermore, a new edition to Thursday evenings will be the British Endurance Racing Team who had their debut year in 2020 and are continuing in 2021 in the FIM World Endurance Championship with their practice starting at Le Mans next month. The team is managed by David Railton and his Son and OMC Honorary member Jon, is one of the riders on their number 31 Suzuki GSXR1000 bikes. Jon would like to bring the team and bikes over and give a display of speed pit wheel changing. Why not seek them out on social media and like and follow them as they are based in nearby Little Paxton

Although Oakley Club remains closed, new Stewards, Stuart and Merida Liggins have now taken over and are offering a food takeaway service between 5-9pm Thursday to Sunday. The prices are very reasonable, so if you fancy a gourmet burger, fish, sausages with chips or a pizza (the pizza’s are cooked in their own ovens) give it a go and support Oakley Club. The menu can be found on the OSSC Facebook page or at www.oakleyssc.com

Finally please ensure you all remain safe and well, we all want to see you again in the very near future. If you have any queries please email info(at)oakleymc.net

Baysie

Next Event

Latest Articles

OMICRON COVID VARIANT

MOTOGP 2022

MOTOGP 2022

Share: